Safety programs are essential for any business- especially in the contractor industry. However, with limited resources and funds, this might pose a challenge for some small businesses. Therefore, there are some things to keep in mind when establishing a training program on a tight budget. In addition to fully understanding the demands of the position and relaying information properly to your employees, the right Lake Tahoe Workers’ Compensation Insurance is a must.
According to an article in The Workers’ Comp Gazette, the best way to implement low-cost safety training programs is through employee engagement. Here are a few things you should do to engage your employees at a low cost:
- Save money by skipping the generic safety videos- especially as they aren’t unique to your industry.
- Use a digital camera to take photos of the right and wrong way to do things in each job position and showcase them on a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Have supervisors conduct group training sessions.
- Create posters to place throughout the workplace.
- Create incentives for employees to uphold a safe working environment.
- Devise a slogan that demonstrates the workplaces’ safety goals.
At Cal-Nevada Insurance Agency, we understand the importance of securing your workplace. By protecting your business and your employees with our comprehensive and custom tailored coverage, you can rest assured you are properly defended. For more information about workers’ compensation insurance and our other business lines, contact us today at (866) 670-5948.