As most employers are aware, carrying a sound Lake Tahoe Workers’ Compensation program is a requirement. However, in the event an employee is injured on the job, are you equipped with an effective return-to-work (RTW) program? In order to limit further liability and prevent incurring additional costs for your business, consider the following steps to implement a practical plan.
The best time to develop this plan is prior to an employee injury or illness. The sooner employees reconnect with work associates and perform job responsibilities, the healthier the outlook, and the more favorable your workers’ compensation experience, says National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors.
- An individual should be assigned to manage the program, which should include feedback and advice from a labor union board to assure compliance.
- Assure that all employees participate in the policy and that it is enforced regularly.
- Include physical requirements in job descriptions, as well as any other expectations.
- If possible, allow transitional opportunities for injured workers. Reorganize current duties to accommodate the worker while temporarily injured.
- Enforce a prompt reporting policy for all incidents in the workplace.
- Medical treatment should be sought out immediately. A detailed description of the employee’s duties should be sent to the physician so he or she can determine when it would be appropriate for them to return to work.
- Provide all the information the physician requests and ensure consistent communication with the employee while in recovery.
- Stay updated on the worker’s condition and treatment.
- Investigate how the incident occurred and work to reduce the risk of a repeat accident.
- Once the employee is cleared to work, allow immediate return.
At Cal-Nevada Insurance Agency, we understand the importance of establishing a return-to-work program. Our comprehensive workers’ compensation packages include various coverages from medical expenses to recovery treatments in order to ensure your business is released of any financial burden. To learn more about our products, give us a call today at (866) 670-5948.